- Helps to reduce inflammation
- Blocks (leukotriene) inflammatory mediator formation
- Reduces inflammation in asthma
Boswellia inflammation reduction
Boswellia is an anti-inflammatory herb also known as Indian Frankincense. It has been used for centuries to treat chronic inflammatory conditions. Clinical research has confirmed its effectiveness in reducing inflammation.
How it works
There are 4 acids in boswellia that inhibit an enzyme called 5-LO 5-lipoxygenase. This enzyme is responsible for producing leukotrienes, a type of inflammatory messenger. By blocking this messenger it has been shown to reduce inflammation.
The main benefits of Boswellia Serrata include:
- Reduction of inflammation and pain relief in colitis, arthritis and other chronic inflammatory conditions
- Anti-cancer effects, has an antiproliferative effect on tumours
- May help gut function
- Reduces asthma
- May also help with dementia and heart disease
- 2000mg Boswellia serrata (from 5:1 extract) per capsule, recommended serving 1 capsule per day
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans, contains only clean fillers, allergen free, gluten free and no artificial colours or flavourings