- Improves energy production
- Important for normal vitamin D function and calcium levels
- Important for normal brain and nerve function
- Can improve constipation
Magnesium citrate is used to boost the magnesium levels in the body. It is bound with citric acid and research shows it is among the most bioavailable form of magnesium.
Due to a significant decrease in magnesium in our soils low magnesium levels are very common. Magnesium citrate can be used to treat symptoms of too much stomach acid, heartburn and indigestion. It can also be used for constipation. Magnesium is used in over 30 enzyme systems in the body and is neccessary for normal heart, muscle and brain function. Excess alcohol, slat and coffee cause the body to lose large amounts of magnesium. Magnesium is essential for relaxation and works along with vitamins D3 and K2 and calcium for proper bone formation.
How it works
Each tablet contains elemental magnesium to increase magnesium levels in the blood. Magnesium citrate can work like an osmotic laxative and a large glass of water should be taken along with the supplement. This increases the water volume in the intestines by pulling water in. This helps to bulk and soften stool and gently reduces constipation.
The main benefits of magnesium citrate include:
- Increases magnesium levels in the blood
- Gentle laxative
- Helps with indigestion and heart burn
- Each tablet contains 150mg magnesium citrate
- Non GMO, Soy free, Gluten free, Lactose free, Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Ingredients: Magnesium Citrate, Bulking Agents (Micro Crystalline Cellulose, Di Calcium Phosphate), Anti Caking Agents (Magnesium Stearate, Silica Dioxide)