PQQ pyrrloquinolone quinone is also known as methoxatin and has had a lot interest since it was discovered. In structure it is very similar to vitamins B2 and B3 and is an essential co-factor in the production of energy in the mitochondria. It has been suggested that it should be classified as a vitamin as it is an essential molecule.
It exists in soul and foods such as spinach, kiwi and soybeans.
How it works
PQQ is a cofactor in the production of energy inside the mitochondria and cannot be made in the body. It has strong antioxidant properties. It stimulates increasing number of mitochondria, the energy batteries in our cells. It does this activating the SIRT1/ PGC-1a pathway.
The main benefits of PQQ include:
- Increases mitochondrial numbers and energy
- Nootropic helps boost brain energy and concentration
- Reduction of inflammation such as CRP and IL 6
- Protects the brain from neuroinflammation
- Each supplement contains 20mg of PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) and 2mg of Bioperine
- Bulking Agents (Micro Crystalline Cellulose, Di Calcium Phosphate), Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Disodium Salt (Fermented), BioPerine, Anti Caking Agent (Magnesium Stearate)
- Non GMO, lactose free, soy free, gluten free suitable for vegetarians and vegans