- Price for test, Genova results and a Dr. report with treatment guidelines
- Your results will be uploaded to your GDPR compliant user portal
- Price includes test and return courier fee
- Test is performed by Genova diagnostics
- Further interpretation: Order a 30-minute interpretation of your results with Dr Geoff Mullan Director of Clinical Services for £195
- Genova SIBO video instructions
SIBO breath test & Dr. report.
8 Symptoms that suggest you may have SIBO:
- Abdominal bloating after eating
- A feeling of fullness under the ribs after food
- Heart burn
- Belching or a high level of flatulence
- Abdominal discomfort
- Constipation OR diarrhoea or loose stools
- Muscle or joint pain and headaches
- A red butterfly rash across the cheeks and nose – rosacea
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth is a condition whereby there is overgrowth of bacteria in the gut.
What causes it? Anything that impairs the movement of food along the small intestine. Food poisoning is a common cause, with an estimate that up to 1 in 5 cases can lead to SIBO.
- Food poisoning can cause an autoimmune reaction whereby the signal to contract in the small intestine is damaged. This leads to an absent or impaired migratory motor complex ie a floppy small intestine that does not move food along like it should do. This in turn leads to food sitting for longer in the gut and fermentation occurs which produces gas, causing discomfort and damage to the small intestine.
- Other risk factors:
- Previous abdominal surgery
- Stomach antacids reduce the acid entering the small bowel from the stomach