- Recycles vitamin E and protects the skin from free radical damage
- Essential for the formation of collagen in skin and bones and would healing
- Reduces uric acid in the blood (and risk of gout)
- Increases iron absorption
- Immune booster
Vitamin C is an essential micronutrient found in most plants and vegetables, if you have a fresh diet you are likely getting enough vitamin C when you are well.
However, when we are unwell or stressed our vitamin C requirements go up significantly. Most other mammals can make their own vitamin C, a similar sized animal like a goat will make 1-3g of vitamin C a day. In evolution we have lost a key enzyme in the biosynthetic pathway.
How it works
There are multiple functions for vitamin C as it is able to donate an electron this makes it a potent antioxidant. In skin it will help to recycle vitamin E and reduce UV damage. It is an essential nutrient in the synthesis of collagen. It is needed for energy production (carnitine), hormone regulation and to make collagen. A lack of vitamin C causes malformed collagen in bone and the condition scurvy.
The main benefits of vitamin C include:
- Improved immune system
- Collagen formation in skin and bone, better would healing
- Improved energy production
- Each tablet contains 1000mg of vitamin C as ascorbic acid
- Non GMO, Soy free, Gluten free, Lactose free, Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Ingredients: 1000mg ascorbic acid, Bulking Agents (Micro Crystalline Cellulose), Anti Caking Agents (Magnesium Stearate)