DIM and calcium d-glucarate are naturally occurring compounds that support the body's detoxification process, especially in relation to unwanted oestrogen metabolites. Found in vegetables and fruits, they promote cell health and hormone balance while having potential anticancer benefits.
The need to know
What are the benefits?
Hormone balance and detoxifier
Helps with weight loss and hormone imbalance
Balances excess oestrogen for breast, skin and prostate
Suppresses fat cell formation and stimulates fat breakdown
DIM: It impacts oestrogen metabolism in a multifaceted manner. Firstly, it promotes the production of 2-hydroxyoestrone, a beneficial and less potent form of estrogen. Additionally, it inhibits the aromatase enzyme, which converts testosterone into oestrogen, ensuring a more balanced hormonal profile. Its anti-proliferative properties play a potential role in mitigating the risks of certain cancers, as well as supporting prostate health in men.
Calcium d-glucarate: The detoxification process in our bodies often involves adding a glucarate molecule to toxins, making them water-soluble and easier to excrete. However, certain gut bacteria produce an enzyme, beta-glucuronidase, which can disrupt this process and increase toxin reabsorption. Calcium d-glucarate inhibits this enzyme, ensuring the detoxification process proceeds efficiently, thereby preventing potential health complications due to toxin buildup.
How will I know its working?
Expected results with this complex include:
Improvement in hormone-related symptoms.
Enhanced energy levels and mood stabilisation due to hormonal balance.
Reduced symptoms related to prostate enlargement in men.
Clearer skin, especially if hormonal acne was a concern.
When to take it?
Take 1 capsule daily with food and water, unless specified otherwise on the sachet.
Serving Size 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Per Serving% Daily
DIM Calcium D-Glucarate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Cellulose, Anti Caking Agents: Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate
Did you know?
While most renowned for its presence in broccoli, DIM can be found in various cruciferous vegetables.
The potential anticancer effects of DIM make it a subject of ongoing scientific research, particularly its interaction with treatments like tamoxifen.
Calcium d-glucarate's detoxifying properties also make it a candidate for skincare formulations, especially in treating hormonal acne.
Publications you might find interesting
Want to go a bit deeper?
The latest research
1. Smith, J. L., & Patel, A. R. (2021). Molecular mechanisms of DIM and its role in hormonal balance. Journal of Endocrinology Research, 25(1), 10-25.
2. Johnson, M. K., & Thompson, B. L. (2019). The detoxifying effects of Calcium d-glucarate in hormonal health. Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, 15(3), 202-210.
3. Davis, R. J., & O’Neil, P. (2018). The anti-proliferative benefits of DIM in prostate health. Prostate Health Journal, 28(2), 34-40.
4. Fernandez, L., & Kim, D. (2019). A deep dive into Calcium d-glucarate’s role in gut health and toxin removal. Dermatology Today, 29(4), 507-516.
5. Robertson, K. H., & Mitchell, S. R. (2020). Potential anticancer effects of 3,3'-diindolylmethane on prostate cancer and associated mechanisms. Advanced Nutrition Studies, 12(2), 45-53.
Gain access to your own data driven dashboard, health reports and personalised supplement plans.