Magnesium is critical for over 30 enzyme systems and is essential for normal heart, muscle, and brain functions. Magnesium L-Threonate is coupled with the amino acid L-threonine to specifically target brain health. Low magnesium levels are common due to depleted soil conditions, and this deficiency has been linked to mood disorders among other health issues. Our supplement aims to tackle this widespread problem at its root.
Each tablet contains 660mg magtein (TM) magnesium L-threnoate with 48mg elemental magnesiu
The need to know
What are the benefits?
Magnesium L-threonate helps with physical and mental energy. It has a direct impact on the brain to improve neural plasticity, response to stress and quality of sleep.
Magnesium L-threonate delivers magnesium, an essential mineral, directly to brain cells. It uniquely increases the brain's magnesium level, an effect not shared by other magnesium forms. Magnesium plays a vital role in neural activity, aiding in releasing neurotransmitters that transmit messages between nerve cells. It supports neural plasticity, which is crucial for learning, memory, and adaptation to stress.
Moreover, magnesium also regulates the HPA (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal) axis, a complex set of interactions among three endocrine glands. Disruption of the HPA axis is associated with various stress-related conditions, including mood disorders, indicating the potential role of magnesium in managing these conditions.
Magnesium also interacts with the GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) system in the brain. GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter and is crucial in promoting relaxation and sleep. By modulating the GABA system, magnesium L-threonate can enhance sleep quality.
How will I know its working?
Users of magnesium L-threonate may notice improvements in cognitive function, memory, and concentration. They might also experience enhanced mood, reduced feelings of stress, and better sleep quality.
When to take it?
Take 1 capsule daily with food and water, unless specified otherwise on the sachet.
Serving Size 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Per Serving% Daily
Magnesium (from Magtein Magnesium L Threonate)
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Cellulose Capsule, Rice Flour, Vegetable Source
Did you know?
Magnesium L-threonate was developed by a team of scientists at MIT, including a Nobel laureate.
Unlike other forms of magnesium, magnesium L-threonate can cross the blood-brain barrier, making it more effective in increasing brain magnesium levels.
Magnesium deficiency is common among adults, and supplementation can efficiently ensure adequate magnesium levels.
Publications you might find interesting
Want to go a bit deeper?
The latest research
1. Slutsky I, Abumaria N, Wu LJ, et al. Enhancement of learning and memory by elevating brain magnesium. Neuron. 2010;65(2):165-177.
2. Liu G, Weinger JG, Lu ZL, Xue F, Sadeghpour S. Efficacy and Safety of MMFS-01, a Synapse Density Enhancer, for Treating Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;49(4):971-990.
3. Held K, Antonijevic IA, Künzel H, et al. Oral Mg(2+) supplementation reverses age-related neuroendocrine and sleep EEG changes in humans. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2002;35(4):135-143.
4. Pouteau E, Kabir-Ahmadi M, Noah L, et al. Superiority of magnesium and vitamin B6 over magnesium alone on severe stress in healthy adults with low magnesemia: A randomized, single-blind clinical trial. PLoS One. 2018;13(12):e0208454.
5. Kirkland AE, Sarlo GL, Holton KF. The Role of Magnesium in Neurological Disorders. Nutrients. 2018;10(6):730.
Gain access to your own data driven dashboard, health reports and personalised supplement plans.