Choline, a renowned nootropic, boasts its prowess in bolstering brain functions. It plays a vital role in various body processes, including DNA synthesis, cell formation, and energy production. Especially during menopause, it displays heightened efficacy for individuals possessing a specific variation of the PEMT gene.
A reduction in choline levels affects levels of a key neurotransmitter (acetylcholine) that can lead to brain fog. In menopause dropping oestrogen levels impacts choline levels and is responsible for some of the brain-fog symptoms that occur.
The need to know
What are the benefits?
Weight drain, brain gain
Breaks down fat and improves brain function
Memory booster, needed for energy production
Appears to help with negative stress
Upon ingestion, the body metabolises Citicoline into two primary components: choline and uridine. Choline, a pivotal constituent, is essential for neurotransmitter production, especially acetylcholine, which governs memory and learning. It is also crucial for the biosynthesis of phospholipids, enhancing cell membrane integrity.
This ensures efficient cellular messaging, cholesterol transport, and a fortified nervous system. On the other hand, uridine, being an RNA component, is indispensable for cellular functions. The combination of these metabolites, facilitated by CDP-choline, supercharges the neural pathways, leading to elevated dopamine and noradrenaline levels, which play a fundamental role in mood regulation and cognitive functions.
How will I know its working?
You'll observe improvements in retention and recall. You may notice cognitive fluidity and clarity will become more pronounced, noticeable uplift in memory processes and information assimilation. emotional steadiness with diminished mood irregularities, amplified resilience against mental strains, ensuring prolonged cognitive vigour.
When to take it?
Take 1 capsule daily with food and water, unless specified otherwise on the sachet.
Per Serving% Daily
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Rice Bran, Magnesium Stearate, Vegetarian Capsule
Did you know?
Nature's Brain Food: Eggs, a common dietary item, are a rich source of Citicoline.
Gene-Centric Effectiveness: The PEMT gene variation during menopause can heighten Citicoline's impact, making its supplementation a strategic choice for many.
Neurotransmitter Enhancement: Citicoline aids in boosting acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter paramount for learning and memory processes.
Publications you might find interesting
Want to go a bit deeper?
The latest research
1. Zeisel, S.H., and Da Costa, K.A. "Choline and betaine in health and disease." *Journal of the American College of Nutrition* 30.1 (2011): 46-50.
2. Resseguie, M., et al. "Phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PEMT) gene expression is induced by estrogen in human and mouse primary hepatocytes." *The FASEB Journal* 21.10 (2007): 2622-2632.
3. Von Allwörden, H.N., et al. "The effect of lecithin supplementation on plasma choline concentrations during a marathon." *Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness* 33.2 (1993): 142-145.
4. Secades, J.J., and Lorenzo, J.L. "CDP-choline: pharmacological and clinical review." *Methods and Findings in Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology* 17.Supplement B (1995): 1-54.
Gain access to your own data driven dashboard, health reports and personalised supplement plans.