Our supplement contains "methylated" B vitamins, which are bioactive forms. This ensures that these vitamins are readily utilized by the body, as opposed to synthetic forms which need further processing.
Methylated for Superior Absorption: B vitamins in our supplement are already in their active forms, making them easily absorbable. Synthetic B vitamins require metabolic conversion in the body to become active. Our formula bypasses this step, providing you immediate benefits.
Optimized for Genetic Diversity: Genetically, a significant portion of the population (up to 45%) can't convert synthetic folic acid to its active form, methyl folate. Our formula uses the biologically active forms of key B vitamins, ensuring maximum efficacy for a wider range of individuals.
Enhanced Absorption with BioPerine: Each capsule contains BioPerine, a black pepper extract known to boost the absorption of various nutrients, amplifying the benefits you receive.
The need to know
What are the benefits?
Supports metabolism and the nervous system
Helps you maintain proper blood circulation
Optimises cognitive function
Methylated B Vitamins: The term 'methylated' refers to the addition of a methyl group (CH3) to the vitamin. This form is particularly significant for B vitamins, as the body often needs to convert ingested vitamins to their active forms by adding a methyl group. By already providing the vitamins in this form, the body can bypass the conversion process, ensuring immediate availability.
BioPerine: Extracted from black pepper, BioPerine enhances the bioavailability of various nutrients. It achieves this by promoting rapid absorption from the gastrointestinal tract and modulating metabolic enzymes to optimise nutrient processing.
Genetic Considerations: Certain genetic variations can impair an individual's ability to convert standard B vitamins to their active forms. For instance, individuals with MTHFR gene mutations struggle to convert folic acid to methyl folate, which can lead to a deficiency even with adequate intake.
How will I know its working?
When to take it?
Take 1 tablet daily with food and water, unless specified otherwise on the sachet.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Bulking Agents: Di Calcium Phosphate, Micro Crystalline Cellulose, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Anti Caking Agents: Magnesium Stearate, Silica Dioxide
Did you know?
The human body cannot synthesize B vitamins, making dietary intake or supplementation essential.
Methylation plays a critical role in various physiological processes, including DNA synthesis, detoxification, and neurotransmitter synthesis.
Up to 45% of the global population may have a genetic mutation affecting B vitamin metabolism, emphasizing the importance of methylated supplements
Publications you might find interesting
Want to go a bit deeper?
The latest research
1. Selhub, J. (1999). Homocysteine metabolism. Annual Review of Nutrition, 19(1), 217-246.
2. Moll, S., & Varga, E. A. (2015). Homocysteine and MTHFR mutations. Circulation, 132(1), e6-e9.
3. Badmaev, V., Majeed, M., & Norkus, E. P. (1999). Piperine, an alkaloid derived from black pepper increases serum response of beta-carotene during 14-days of oral beta-carotene supplementation. Nutrition Research, 19(3), 381-388.
4. Stipanuk, M. H. (2004). Sulfur amino acid metabolism: pathways for production and removal of homocysteine and cysteine. Annual Review of Nutrition, 24, 539-577.
5. Said, H. M. (2011). Intestinal absorption of water-soluble vitamins in health and disease. Biochemical Journal, 437(3), 357-372.
Gain access to your own data driven dashboard, health reports and personalised supplement plans.